We are amazed by people who just donate spontaneously to BBB, this is just another church who had a baby on their heart and gave….thanks so much Oasis!
You will be blessed because your eye is touched and your hand is moved to make a difference!
Here is your mum and baby
LEAH JANE LUNZAGA
- Leah is 22 years old
- She lives in Tambukan
- She is married and her husband is a Pedicab driver
PREGNANCY AND BIRTH
- There were no complications in pregnancy
- Baby was born on 23rd August 2015
- His name is Matthew Bertuso
- He weighed 2.7kg, the Pastor described him as tiny but strong!
- He was born in Hospital at the Mother and Child
- No complications in birth
- No probs breastfeeding
Such a sweet contented face
Thanks Cathy, Mark and Chris x
One of our greatest challenges in the Phillipines is Teen Pregnancies
We see it every time we visit the team on the ground in Baseco see it weekly, kids having kids.
This is Michelle she was 13 when she became pregnant
I see fear
I see pain in her face
Jesus help us make a difference
This is what I wrote about her when I came home from The Philippines last year, worth another blog!
This gorgeous girl is only 13 years old, she will be 14 soon, what is tragic is she knows little about herself her body and parenting. Yet she is pregnant. Tragic early teen pregnancies like this should not happen, it creates a cycle of poverty and traps girls and teens in it for the rest of their lives. BBB are trying to do as much as possible to change this kind of event. Body awareness c;lasses are now mandatory for out church kids, they will know their bodies and how to avert pregnancies. It is a start. Slow and steady we will win this race.
Michelle is only 13 years old
She is 2-3 months pregnant
She has a boy who is only 16, and he is violent (see Mark’s blog on her situation) it explains how we Pastor these kids through these circumstances.
She lives in Block 15 with her mother (not married) they are cramped in a tiny house and peel garlic all day)
PREGNANCY AND BIRTH
- We met Michelle and we actually encouraged her to go to the Lying in Centre and she actually did. That is a good good sign. Often younger girls are too afraid and will not go. Michelle seems brave and willing which is a good sign.
- We have also talked about contraception, she seems good about the idea.
The whole situation is so sad, grieves my heart that these babies who know nothing are having more babies. No childhood, no education no freedom. Tragic waste of life. Unless Jesus intervenes they live without a hope!